By Janet Tharpe
Guests will be asking you for more, more, more when you serve Marie Ward’s I Want More Ribs at your next cookout. This recipe is simple and delicious! The sweetness of the rub, paired with a spicy barbecue sauce is scrumptious. These ribs are baked in the oven, but you can finish them on the grill too if you prefer.
See step-by-step photos of Marie’s recipe plus thousands more from home cooks nationwide at:
You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win! Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch”…
“Yum, yum, yummy!”
– Marie Ward, Cape Charles, VA (Pop. 1,009)
What You Need
4 lb pork ribs
3/4 c light brown sugar
1 tsp smokehouse maple
1 tsp mesquite
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 c barbecue sauce (your favorite)
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Peel off the tough membrane that covers the bony side of the ribs.
- Mix together sugar and spices to make rub.
- Apply rub to ribs on all sides.
- Lay ribs on two layers of foil (shiny side out and meaty side down).
- Lay two layers of foil on top of ribs. Roll and crimp edges tightly (edges facing up to seal).
- • Place on baking sheet and bake for 2-2 1/2 hours or until meat is starting to shrink away from ends of bone.
- Remove from oven. Heat broiler.
- Cut ribs into serving sized portions.
- Arrange ribs on broiler pan, bone side up. Brush on sauce.
- Broil for 1 or 2 minutes until sauce is cooked on and bubbly.
- Turn ribs over. Repeat on other side.
- Instead of broiling, you can also finish ribs on the grill.
© 2011 Just A Pinch Recipe Club.
Brought to you by American Hometown Media
Used by Permission.